Sunday 25th of October - The course starts at 10.00am and finishes around 16.30pm
The course is £115 per person.
The course price includes all baking ingredients, materials, recipe and icing handouts to take home, all sugarcraft tools, equipment, refreshments will be supplied and of course your pre baked cupcakes
This course aims to be a fun source of creativity for novices and seasoned sugarcrafters alike so we don’t put limits on abilities – we just want you to bring a cake load of enthusiasm!
This course is held at LetThemSeeCake Shop and Classroom (entrance on Lansdowne Road). Public on-street car parking is available nearby but we cannot guarantee a parking space. There is a bus stop outside the Bakery, reachable by bus numbers 13, 17, 18, 64, X1 from Cardiff city centre.
In this one-day class learn how to pipe stunning professional flowers using Swiss Meringue Buttercream with baking & buttercream expert, Marianne Stewart.
You will learn how to make firm & stable Swiss Meringue Buttercream for the perfect piping consistency, and pipe a range of modern buttercream flowers using a flower nail. Professional cake skills, such as making stable buttercream, colouring, piping and storing buttercream leaves and flowers are all covered.
Some experience of piping is helpful, but you don't need to have piped buttercream flowers before.
- You will learn how to make Swiss Meringue buttercream, specially customised for creating richly detailed flowers. This buttercream is key for creating flowers that are not only delicious but hold up in warmer conditions and stay stable for longer when piping.
- Marianne will demonstrate two-tone colouring and show you various piping techniques involved in crafting life-like flowers from buttercream.
- You will learn how to pipe flowers such as ranunculus, roses, rosebuds, chrysanthemums and leaves, all onto a flower nail. If time allows, Marianne will also show you how to pipe blossoms.
- You will also learn about storage and handling buttercream flowers, assembly and how to garnish the flowers with piped leaves.
- You will leave with a 6” floral cake topper, ready to attach onto your chosen cake, or frozen & saved for a future celebration.
Marianne is enthusiastic about buttercream cakes and piping, loving nothing more than a cake that tastes as delicious as it looks! Swiss meringue buttercream is one of her favourite decorating mediums, and she loves passing on all her secrets to the best-tasting & most stable buttercream.
She is passionate about teaching, demonstrating & connecting with others through baking. By sharing her love of baking and helping others to understand the process, she aims to inspire and empower people to get more from their cake journey.
As a qualified pastry chef with a professional background in patisseries, restaurants and wedding cake businesses, Marianne has a wealth of knowledge to pass on to students. She worked as head baker for Peggy Porschen, teaching on the first Wedding Cake Diploma course before becoming a regular tutor at the Peggy Porschen Cake Academy. She has since taught in a variety of baking & sugarcraft schools, including Squires Kitchen, the Bertinet Cookery School, Anna Cake Couture and now Let Them See Cake.
Piped Buttercream Flowers with Marianne Stewart - 25th October 2020
The venue reserves the right to cancel or change the date of the course without notice, however as much contact will be sought with attendees and alternative dates will be found in this unlikely event.
Please make us aware of any special dietary requirements for refreshments at time of booking, note we use Wheat flour and Gluten is present throughout the bakery building.
Payment & Cancellation - Full payment is required at time of booking. Cancellation for any reason must be made at least 14 days prior to the course date for a full refund. A 50% refund can be obtained up until 7 days prior to the course date. For cancellations made within 7 days of the course date a single date transfer will be offered, but no refund will be available. Transfers must be used within 6 months of the original course date.