Date: Saturday 31st August
Time: 10:30am - 12:30pm
Lia Moutselou is a self-taught chef inspired by her Greek heritage, her Welsh home of 17 years, global flavours and sustainability. Join Lia at LetThemSeeCake to taste and find out how to make a delicious seasonal/low impact dish inspired by Greek cuisine, Welsh produce, and world flavours.
Lia’s workshop will include:
- Herbal Greek Mountain tea on arrival – healing ironwort/sideritis tea from the mountains of Greece sweetened with local Welsh honey
- The basics of seasonal Greek Pie making (demonstration), a dish popular for breakfast, lunch and dinner all over Greece. We will make two different pies.
- Tips on the basic herbs and spices that define Greek cuisine
- Tips on low impact and seasonal cooking.
- Greek olive oil tasting
- A recipe to take away
- Two slices of warm pie (one on arrival and one during the workshop) and a surprise seasonal side! (depending on the harvest’s seasonal glut)
Join Lia to celebrate our global food heritage at your Welsh backyard. Lia is a regular contributor to BBC Radio Wales radio food segments, she has contributed to BBC Food programmes on Cardiff and has demonstrated her recipes at various Food Festivals in Wales, including Abergavenny, Cowbridge and Narberth Food festivals.
Lia Moutselou runs Lia’s Kitchen, an ethical food venture with social and environmental goals. Lia’s Kitchen is a not-for profit company. Find our more about how Lia’s Kitchen brings the world on your plate here. Facebook/Twitter: @ Liaskitchen , Instagram: @lias_kitchen.
The dishes served and demonstrated at this class include gluten. Vegan options are available and the class is vegetarian.
World On Your Plate : Summertime Greek Pies with Lia Moutselou - 31st August
The venue reserves the right to cancel or change the date of the course without notice, however as much contact will be sought with attendees and alternative dates will be found in this unlikely event.
Please make us aware of any special dietary requirements for refreshments at time of booking, note we use Wheat flour and Gluten is present throughout the bakery building.
Payment & Cancellation - Full payment is required at time of booking. Cancellation for any reason must be made at least 14 days prior to the course date for a full refund. A 50% refund can be obtained up until 7 days prior to the course date. For cancellations made within 7 days of the course date a single date transfer will be offered, but no refund will be available. Transfers must be used within 6 months of the original course date.