Perfect gift for Christmas!
Title of Class: Floral Lace Buttercream Cake Class
Tutor: Joanne Towers (Miss Havishams)
Skill Level: Beginner - Intermediate. Some experience in covering a cake with ganache or buttercream would be helpful.
Price: £145 (includes light lunch)
Miss Havisham’s Cakes specialises in contemporary buttercream cakes. This class aims to give you the confidence to make and design modern Swiss meringue buttercream cakes.
In this class you will learn:
• How to make, colour and flavour Swiss meringue buttercream.
• How to level, fill and make stable a tall 5-inch cake
• How to cover a cake in Swiss meringue buttercream, achieve a smooth finish with sharp edges, and achieve a modern watercolour finish
• How to make and decorate with edible lace.
• How to decorate with other edible decorations
• How to prepare, wire and tape fresh flowers, and arrange them safely onto your cake.
• How to research colour schemes and design ideas for your future modern buttercream cakes.
• How to charge for and make multiple buttercream cakes efficiently.
• As much information that Jo can give you. As this is a small class you will have ample opportunities to ask Jo lots of questions about techniques, recipes and running a cake business.
You will take home:
• Your decorated 5-inch cake
• A reusable mirrored acrylic board
• A reusable acrylic charm with a personalised message of your choice (you will choose this beforehand)
• Any equipment that you choose to purchase on the day. Essential items used will be made available for purchase.
• Miss Havisham’s Cake Vanilla cake recipe, Swiss meringue and American buttercream recipes.
Everything that you will need during the class will be provided, including light lunch (please note we cannot cater to specific dietary requirements for the light lunch) and drinks.. You may wish to bring with you:
• Snacks and drinks
• A notepad and pen
• An Apron
Floral Lace Buttercream Cake Class with Miss Havisham - 12th January
The venue reserves the right to cancel or change the date of the course without notice, however as much contact will be sought with attendees and alternative dates will be found in this unlikely event.
Please make us aware of any special dietary requirements for refreshments at time of booking, note we use Wheat flour and Gluten is present throughout the bakery building.
Payment & Cancellation - Full payment is required at time of booking. Cancellation for any reason must be made at least 14 days prior to the course date for a full refund. A 50% refund can be obtained up until 7 days prior to the course date. For cancellations made within 7 days of the course date a single date transfer will be offered, but no refund will be available. Transfers must be used within 6 months of the original course date.