We are delighted to have the very talented Dawn Butler, owner of Dinky Doodle teach this amazing class for us.This is a great place to start with airbrushing, whether you’ve never used an airbrush before, or you want to get more out of it –
Dawn will take you through the very basics in a comfortable and fun learning environment. You don’t need to even own your own piece of kit – as Dawn will provide everything that you need , so if you’re thinking of getting an airbrush but not sure whether you’ll use it –
take this class and try before you buy!
In this class you will learn:
- How to identify different types of airbrush and which one is the best tool for the job Cleaning and maintenance (including completely stripping an airbrush and re –assembling it)
- How to get a full even colour
- How to blend and shade
- How to build a picture using torn paper
- Simple special effects like waves, water and wood grain
- Colour theory – how to use colour and what to mix to get different shades/colours
- An introduction to stenciling with an airbrush.
- All of these techniques are done on edible icing sheets which have a handout to go with each one- they are taken home in a presentation folder which is yours to refer back to for many years to come.
This course is held at LetThemSeeCake Shop & Classroom, (entrance on Lansdowne Road) Public on-street car parking is available nearby but we cannot guarantee a parking space. There is a bus stop outside the Bakery, reachable by bus numbers 13, 17, 18, 64, X1 from Cardiff city centre.
Saturday 16th March
The course starts at 10:00am and finishes around 16:00pm
The course is £99 per person.
The course price includes all baking ingredients, materials, recipe and icing handouts to take home, all sugarcraft tools, equipment, refreshments will be supplied.
All-round Air-brushing with Dawn Butler from DinkyDoodle - 16th March
The venue reserves the right to cancel or change the date of the course without notice, however as much contact will be sought with attendees and alternative dates will be found in this unlikely event.
Please make us aware of any special dietary requirements for refreshments at time of booking, note we use Wheat flour and Gluten is present throughout the bakery building.
Payment & Cancellation - Full payment is required at time of booking. Cancellation for any reason must be made at least 14 days prior to the course date for a full refund. A 50% refund can be obtained up until 7 days prior to the course date. For cancellations made within 7 days of the course date a single date transfer will be offered, but no refund will be available. Transfers must be used within 6 months of the original course date.